Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cold War Project

Latter to a Friend

Dear: Friend

I wrote this letter on behalf of fear. Now you would probably know that we will be separated for ever. I just don’t get it why built a wall to separate the city. It was very awful thing that I had witness. Last two nights ago I was coming home late from my work at West Berlin. When I was about to open the front door I heard soldier shouting “hurry up, quickly”. They were carrying bob wire and laying it straight the street separated between our houses. I was standing there watching them, and one of the soldiers came straight up to me and said “Sir, please go into your house”. My reply was “why should I this is my property”. He reach his gun told me the same thing again; I was scared so I went running straight into my house and close all the light. I went to bad quickly without changing. Next mourning I woke up early and look out side. The road was split into half by bob wire and the soldiers were standing watching the labors building the wall. I stay inside that day thinking why they are building the wall. That evening I was just about to come to your house to give you some papers, suddenly I hard gun fire. So I ran back to my house and pack my things incase if something happen. That night I could not sleep. I was just sitting and watching the street quietly from the window. I stay up awake until six and than my eye close without control. Than a phone rang, it was you who called me. I just woke up so I couldn’t say a word than with surprise we got disconnected. I went out of my house this time and saw a big wall been built and I read the news front page said “Berlin is cut for ever”.

Don’t tell anyone that I wrote this letter and wrote me back too. Just scramble the paper and throw it on to my roof floor.

Your friend
NOEL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home